Friday, May 20, 2011

24 Hours in the Life of a College Grad!

DAY ONE: Your views on death, how you cope, etc.

Geez, way to start this 28 Day Challenge on a happy note! My views on death...well, I've thankfully never had someone close to me die unexpectedly. My grandparents have passed away, but they both died well into their 90s so I could only be but so sad about their deaths. How I cope? Well, I cry just like any normal human being, I think of good memories, I look at pictures, and remember the good times : )

*****************************************

Being an unemployed University of Pennsylvania grad on summer vaca is tough work! This past Thursday was super productive! Let's take a look at 24 hours in my my shoes...

12am - After spending all day slaving in the kitchen, testing out recipes I found online, including Red Lobster biscuits (click here!) and fried ice cream (and here!), I settled into the TV room with my brother (also home for a lil R & R) and turned on Real World: Las Vegas, which we DVRed. We share our mutual admiration for Leroy, debate our disgust for Nany, and laugh about Dustin's black man mannerisms when he gets mad.

1am - Flip through the 2
00 movie channels and struggle to find something to watch.

"WTF, they made a new Predator?" "Wait, is that Adrien
Brody??! Damn Adrien, what happened?"

Keep flipping through the channels...land on DAHMER, a biopic on serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer. Watch 20 minutes, then realize the only reason we're watching this movie is to see a killing scene. Laugh about what disgusting individuals American Society has turned us into and then continue watching the movie. Share our disappointment over the rather anticlimactic killing scene and the overall lameness of the movie. Dahmer killed 17 people and the movie shows only one murder?! Come on!

2am
- Nothing appealing is on TV. We see some movie called CHLOE coming on, starring Julianne Moore and Liam Neeson. Seems promising.....thennnnn, there's a lesbian sex scene between Moore and Amanda Seyfried and I'm over it.

4am - Walk past my parents' bedroom and laugh over the snoring symphony echoing from their room. Hop in my bed and stay up another hour schizophrenically hopping around the internet:

- Faceboo
k stalk
- Look up flights to Vegas for my friend's birthday weekend

- Rando
mly Wikipedia the French Quarters in New Orleans
- Thought back to when I was making fried ice cream and my dad mentioned another dessert called the "Baked Alaska
n" that I should try making. Look at various recipes.
- Decide I want to go clubbing th
is weekend and research Greenhouse nightclub in NYC. DJ Flowfly is DJing Saturday. I check out his Myspace page and Twitter stalk him.
- Look at the new items on UrbanOutfitters.com and Lulus.com. Eyes start to burn. Close laptop and go to sleep.


12pm -
Wake up
naturally, as in I didn't set an alarm before going to sleep because my phone died and I didn't feel like looking for my charger at 5 in the morning. Brush my teeth, wash my face, oil my hair, plop down on my parents' bed with my laptop and let the Internet surfing begin...

1:30pm -
Check my daily blogs: Bossip, Media Takeout, Just Jared, People.com, The Sartorialist, Karla's Closet, Under the Button. Look up travel options for our mother-daughter trip to Mexico, as well as flights to Vegas. IMDB that movie CHLOE and try to figure out WTF was going on in that movie last night.

2pm - Skype with friends. Talk about summer plans and a possible trip to Greece in August. Continue researching nightclubs for the weekend and Facebook stalking.

4pm - Start working on a blog post. My brother comes home from the gym and we eat and watch all the judge shows, from Judy to Joe Mathis. We watch some 80s music countdown on VH1 and sing along to the Swedish band Europe's "The Final Countdown." We discuss May 21 doomsday.

7pm - Two of my friends come over and we watch Real World: Las Vegas (yes, again for me) and Grey's Anatomy. I hop on the treadmill for 30
minutes...the first time since March (damn shame).

10:30pm - We hop in the car and embark on an impromptu trip to Sonic. After watching y
ears of Sonic commercials and drooling over their burgers and slushies, one has finally opened near my house, and by near I mean a 35 minute drive away. I order a bacon cheeseburger toaster and mozzarella sticks and eat myself into a food coma.

12am-
Come home, watch some episodes of Martin and part ways with my friends.

2am - Come upstairs and watch TV with my brother. He tells me a story about his friend's cat who was "in heat" and the day his friend came home to find his precious Meow Meow whoring herself out to what seemed like every Newark street cat in his neighborhood.

2:30am - My mom randomly appears at the doorway, rubbing eye boogers out of her eyes. Our family friend's daughter is having her college graduation tomorrow and she forgot to tell me. It's at 10am. We're leaving the house at 9am. FML! Say goodnight to my brother and peace out to bed early (2:30am is Grandma-status for me).

SOOOOOOOO, evidently, if TV, my brother, and my laptop didn't exist, I'd be one bored, sad, little child.

No comments:

Post a Comment