Friday, May 6, 2011

Penn Regrets: 10 Things I'd Do Over If I Could


1. See more of Philly: There’s absolutely no good reason why I’m going to Magic Gardens, Reading Terminal Market, and walking along South Street for like the first time ever this weekend. I saw more of Sydney in 5 months than I have of Philly in 4 years. Fail.

2. Get more involved on campus: I probably shoulda joined a dance group. I probably shoulda joined some black organization. Instead, I was a quasi-member of Dzine2show and The Walk since freshman year before becoming “Mother of the Models” just this year.

3. Live in the Quad:
Bottomline, DuBois sucked, in every way possible.


4. Visit my friends at other colleges:
Trips to visit friends at Villanova and Duke have
been on my list of things to do since freshman year…..yeahhhhh, never ended up going. Now I won’t ever know what life at a real college is like! Darn.

5. Make "he who shall not be named" fall madly in love with me:
I, along with the other 5,263 girls on this campus pining over this dude, will dwell on this forever.


6. Eat at the food carts: I just realized how much money I’ve wasted over the years on a dry ass bagel and OJ from Au Bon Pain, when apparently Bui, a food truck here, has steak, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwiches for like $4?!?! WTF?!


7. Make Drexel & Temple friends:
Drexel and Penn’s campuses virtually blend together and yet I’ve never made a single Drexel friend and trips to Temple freshman year only meant being squished a
gainst a wall at a sweaty, black party. Kinda wish I actually made some friends there so I could have a reason to escape Penn’s bubble. Oh wait, but then again, I probably should have made some friends at Penn first!

8. Not minor in cinema studies:
Looking back, my cinema studies classes were mediocre at best. I kinda wish I just stuck with my comm. major, finished up early, and taken some other cool electives I’ll now never got to take : (


9. Not buy textbooks: I WASTED SO MUCH MONEY ON TEXTBOOKS! SO MUCH MONEY! I wish I never bought a single one! What I SHOULD HAVE done was been that chick who lived in the Rosengarten Reserve and photocopied everything.


10. Punch those 2 frat boys from sophomore year Halloween: My blood still boils thinking about Halloween night sophomore year when these 2 frat boys at 4040 WALNUT wouldn’t let me and my friends into their shitty little party, threatened to call the cops on us if we didn’t leave, and OH did all this while blond hair/blue eyed Becky and Abigail came up from behind us and skipped along into the party without he
aring a word. Gotta love Penn racism!

*BONUS: Go to a state school: I love Penn, I really do. I mean, I applied early decision for goodness sakes. But when all is said and done, we all know we woulda had a much better time had we just gone to the University of Texas.


1 comment:

  1. Loved ur blogs!! There are so many things I felt I would've changed at the time of graduation **esp buying textbooks**, but I look back now and appreciate it all :) I was with you until you said UT... Boomer Sooner Baby!!

    -University of Oklahoma c/o 2007

    ReplyDelete